- Get and Install TextMate
- Get and Download MacPorts - Leopard (universal). After the download and installation, edit or add to .bash_profile file the following: export PATH="/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH" (see here for more details)
- Update macports from the command line terminal with: >sudo port selfupdate. NOTE: I had a problem with awk not being found during the installation. This was solved by running the installation again.
- Install Git and Svn integration as follows: >sudo port install git-core +doc +svn
- Update gems with: >sudo gem update
- Install Rspec gem with: > sudo gem install rspec
- Install Zentest with: >sudi gem install ZenTest. You don't need to install the gem if you are only using rails. Zentest enables autotesting in the background.
- Install Rspec TextMate bundle specifically for rails supporting development: cd to the TextMate Bundles directory, i.e. > cd ~/Library/Appliction\Support/TextMate/Bundles. Then: > git git clone git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-tmbundle.git RSpec.tmbundle
Samstag, 30. August 2008
Setup Rails 2.1 on Mac Leopard
A version of rails and gem is already installed on the mac so we will update and expand on this installation as follows